In this eBook I discuss why and how I approach photographing midday light. I'm not talking about overcast days, I'm talking about harsh, direct, 'crappy' light.
While I show many examples of photographs that I've captured during midday light and talk about my approach to those photographs from a technical standpoint with in-field context, what the meat of this presentation is and what I hope each reader walks away with is a fresh creative view and interpretation of the way that light behaves during the middle of the day and the ways it can be used to create compelling and meaningful images.
Approach, mindset, and exploration are the keys. In this eBook I talk about how I use those attributes to create midday images that I love deeply.
- An explanation of my photographic philosophy and how it has enabled me to create personal images that I’m connected to.
- Reasons why you should consider photographing in midday light.
- Discussion of how you can start to create images that you love no matter the type of light.
- A review of nine different types of midday light and creative approaches.
- Case studies of 39 images with context, in-field thoughts, and processing approach.
- A 19 page in-field workbook that can be printed or stored on your mobile device to help you approach your photography in a more personal and creative way.