The Creative Exploration Workshop is currently sold out.
Contact me to be placed on the waiting list.
This workshop is limited to six students and new clients will apply via a telephone conversation about their goals and what to expect on the workshop prior to signing up. You can inquire by contacting me.
- June 19-23, 2024
- Easy- This workshop takes place on mostly level terrain, though walking on mud, rocks, and uneven ground will be a daily occurrence, and walking up 4 miles per day is possible. Clients who have balance concerns may have a more difficult time.
- $495 deposit required for to secure your spot.
Do you feel like you have plateaued in your creative journey? Are you looking to get in touch with your inner artist? Do you want to expand your creative thinking and build approaches that allow you to engage with any subject and any kind of light?
The Creative Exploration Workshop is built around creative thinking and exploring beyond your comfort level while digging deep into your motivations. My goal is for you to come away from the workshop not only understanding your creative self more fully, but also feeling inspired and eager to continue unlocking your inner artist and creating authentic and personal work.
Who will benefit from this workshop the most?
Everyone is welcome! Though the people who will get the most out of this workshop are people who are:
- Looking to reframe their thought process in a way that encourages growth, experimentation, and a deeper connection to both the landscape and their own work.
- Interested in discussion around the deeper aspects of photography.
- Looking to invigorate their creative process.
- Comfortable with escaping the monotony of day to day life by immersing themselves in a beautiful environment for five days and four nights without cell phone service or interruption. (By design, service is available with a short, yet inconvenient drive.)
- Appreciative of spending time in a dynamic and "target rich" environment, allowing themselves to build an intimate relationship with a place that is unique to them.
- Wanting to experience exactly how I "see", how I photograph, and ask questions they've always wanted to ask.
I want to give the experience of photographing exactly how I photograph with a "hanging out" vibe. Each day is focused on unique exercises that challenge your comfort zone, help you think more creatively, and having nightly reflection and discussion about it all around the campfire.
What can you expect?
- Unique exercises to help you become a more adaptable photographer.
- Development, understanding, and application of the tools in your creative tool bag.
- In-depth coaching on scene interpretation.
- A relaxed time with no running from location to location, no rush, no pressure, and no early mornings or late nights.
- Nightly fireside discussions focused on creative thinking and motivations.
- New friends, unforgettable memories, and a renewed outlook on your work and the way you interact with the world through your camera.
- Post-workshop tools for continued development.
- And so much more!
This workshop will be a smaller and more intimate group than my other workshops, allowing much more instructional time. We will be spending the majority of the days together as we camp next to a rushing glacial river situated in a mossy fairytale forest.
It is unlike any other workshop available. If you are interested in coming along you can contact me to inquire about registration.