One Day Landscape Photography Workshop Series: Oregon Spring Waterfalls and Forests
INSTRUCTION AND GUIDANCE BY TJ THORNE
June 19, 2021
COVID-19 and Workshops Notice
Due to the ongoing pandemic and in order to comply with state, federal, and commercial use permit mandates, workshop participants will be required to wear a mask when within six feet of other attendees or instructors. This can be as simple as pulling your mask up when within six feet of another. A hand-washing station will be available for frequent hand washing as well as hand-sanitizer and alcohol for sanitizing hands and equipment. You can find my complete Coronavirus operating procedures on my Terms and Conditions page.
Personally, I have been vigilant about minimizing risks to myself and my family. I understand that running and attending workshops increases those risks, and my primary goal is to keep all attendees as safe as possible while also providing a comfortable, fun, and rewarding experience.
Thank you for understanding!
Join me for my One Day Landscape Photography Workshop Series that is geared towards those who may have limited time or budgets that prevent them from attending multi-day workshops. These workshops are designed to utilize the whole day in order maximize photographic opportunities in some of the most gorgeous locations in Oregon and are open to photographers of all levels.
From the basics of photography to developing creative vision and everything in between, this workshop can give you the confidence and inspiration needed to achieve your photographic goals, all in beautiful settings with a group of like-minded folk.
MY WORKSHOP PHILOSOPHY
I believe that the creative path is never-ending, highly rewarding, and self-fulfilling. My goal is to foster an elevated awareness of your surroundings, encourage you to explore and emotionally connect to the aspects of nature that call to you, and to plant seeds of creativity via thoughts and concepts that will open doors into a new way of interpreting the environment through your lens. I believe that opening those doors leads to more personal and expressive style of photography that you will be more connected to. While I am committed to making sure you come away from the workshop with great photos, the true value lies in unlocking your inner artist and invigorating your creative vision.
- June 19, 2021
- Silver Falls State Park, Oregon and the surrounding area.
- Moderate - Be prepared to hike 3-6 miles during the course of the day. Minimal steep ascents may be necessary for some locations. Hazards encountered on this workshop may include, but are not limited to: uneven ground, slippery rocks, downed trees that may require you to step over of duck under them, moving water, and crumbling trail edges. Persons with mobility concerns may have a difficult time accessing some locations.
- Only $175/person
This workshop is limited to 8 students.
While the workshop will have a laid back approach, I am dedicated to helping you navigate that challenges that you face with your photography. Learn how I approach a scene and how my philosophy regarding photography can help set you on a rewarding path. I will instruct you on choosing compelling compositions, how to utilize shutter speed for the best looking water flow, how to capture the proper amount of dynamic range and focal points, and point you towards photo opportunities that are not generally noticed.
You'll get to enjoy the company of a fun-loving instructor who is passionate about photography, eager to teach others all that he knows, and who is looking to have a good time helping others connect to nature through art.
Upon signup, participants will receive an in-depth brochure containing much more information. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions! You can use the contact page to do so. I advise reading my Terms and Conditions page if you are interested in attending. If you'd like to join the adventure, you can reserve your spot at the bottom of the page.
- Expert guidance to some of the most gorgeous waterfalls in the Silver Falls State Park area.
- Thoughtful in-field instruction on capture technique including:
- Visual exploration of the scene to identify compelling compositions that tell a story.
- Thinking beyond the obvious to create unique images that you are personally connected to.
- Creative use of every kind of light from soft to direct to backlit. We will explore the potential of all kinds of light.
- Everything technical: compensating for high dynamic range, focus stacking, exposing to the right, reading your histogram, tricks and tips for proper focusing, full manual control of your camera, and everything else!
- A free tutorial video is included so that you can learn my completely nondestructive workflow that is designed to give you complete control over your images.
- Guaranteed adventure with an instructor who is eager to share his knowledge and help you grow as an artist and person.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Meals and Snacks
- State Park Fee ($5)
- I highly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance to protect your investment in the case that your trip is jeopardized due to unforeseen circumstances.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
- The workshop will be in the Silver Falls State Park area of Oregon.
- The closest airport is Portland International Airport (PDX) which is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes away.
- Hotels are available in the Salem, Woodburn, and Silverton areas. Camping in Silver Falls State Park is also available and reservations can be made through Reserve America.
- A standard rental vehicle will suffice for this workshop, though another vehicle with four wheel drive and high clearance would be helpful.
- A $5 fee is required to park at Silver Falls State Park and can be purchased with cash or card at a kiosk in the parking lot.
A tuition of $175 is required at signup and covers the cost of the workshop.
Cancellations that occur 45 days or more before the start of the workshop will forfeit deposit. Cancellations that occur within 45 days of the workshop will forfeit their full payment. There are no exceptions to these terms. You can make your payment below.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and in order to comply with state, federal, and commercial use permit mandates, workshop participants will be required to wear a mask when within six feet of other attendees or instructors. This can be as simple as pulling your mask up when within six feet of another. A hand-washing station will be available for frequent hand washing as well as hand-sanitizer and alcohol for sanitizing hands and equipment. Please read the Terms and Conditions if you are interesting in attending.